The Nichols Athletic Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony will be held Saturday, September 16 at Nichols School.
The Nichols School Athletic Hall of Fame was established to honor those individuals who have made exceptional contributions to the quality and tradition of Nichols School athletics. Student athletes, coaches, managers, and administrators will all be eligible for selection into the Hall of Fame. Athletes and managers will first become eligible upon the tenth anniversary of the end of their final year at Nichols. Coaches and administrators will first become eligible upon their retirement from their primary sport.
The 2023 Hall of Fame class includes a slate of ten student-athlete alumni.
- Ray Empson ‘55 (Football, Basketball, and Track)
- Ed Marlette ‘64 (Football, Basketball, and Baseball)
- William Pettit ‘67 (Football, Basketball, and Track)
- George Kloepfer ‘68 (Football, Basketball, and Tennis)
- Eulis Cathey ‘71 (Football, Basketball, and Track) awarded posthumously
- Matthew Martin ‘80 (Football, Wrestling, and Track)
- Joseph Banach ‘81 (Football, Basketball, and Baseball)
- Kevin Burke ‘91 (Cross Country, Basketball, and Track)
- Tina Wagle ‘92 (Soccer, Basketball, and Lacrosse)
- Don Smith ‘97 (Football, Ice Hockey, and Lacrosse)